Few people know how bail bonds work until they become involved in the bail process. Here, we attempt to provide a simple, straightforward explanation so you know what to look for and to expect.
We even produced a short video that explains the general features of the process and you can watch it by clicking on the image to the right.
The cost of a bail bond varies based on the rules and laws of different jurisdictions. Find out more information, including the cost in your state.
Are you able to negotiate the price of a bail bond when you work with a bail agent? Find out here.
If you don't have the cash on hand to bail someone out, your next best option may be putting up collateral. Learn what bail collateral is here.
This quick guide will give you a better idea of whether you can expect to have your bail money returned.
If you need to get an immigration bond to have your loved one or friend released from custody, here's what you should know.
Fugitive recovery agents (also known as bounty hunters) locate and retrieve fugitives who have fled to avoid court appearances. Learn more about them here.
- What To Expect At A Bail Hearing
- Questions To Ask When Hiring A Criminal Defense Attorney
- How To Find A Qualified Criminal Defense Attorney
- 6 Things To Consider When Hiring A Criminal Attorney
- What Does It Mean To Be Released On Your Own Recognizance
- What Happens if a Case Goes Longer Than a Year
- What Are My Rights During an Arrest
- 10 Ways to Avoid Arrest
- What if the Person I Bailed Out Doesn't Show Up in Court
- When to Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney
- What to Expect if You're Arrested
- Can a Bail Agent Legally Make an Arrest