Bankers Surety Services Insures Nation's Bail Agents with a Personal Touch
- August 09, 2010
- by Collateral Staff
- Business Tools
Despite being the second largest company of its kind, Bankers Surety Services maintains the friendly culture and personal touch of a much smaller business. Assistant Vice President Lisa Basta explained how establishing personal relationships with bail agents is one of the aspects that separates Bankers from other surety companies.
"Everyone that works here tries to keep things personal with our agents," Basta said. "They (agents) have all of our cell phone numbers. We shy away from large corporate cultures where you can't speak to the man on top."
Bankers Surety Services has been insuring bail agencies and helping them grow for more than 30 years. Including its sister company, First Community Insurance Company, Bankers is licensed to write bail in 41 states.
The company has built a wide array of services and resources to give bail agents plenty of reasons to write bonds with Bankers. Bail agents writing bonds for Bankers enjoy benefits including:
- Flat execution fee and 24-hour service for transfer bonds
- Excellent transfer bond coverage through Bankers' large network of more than 545 bail agents
- Free bail bond tracking software for Bankers agents called BB Tracer, which enables agents to keep track of clients send reports to the surety company and generate automatic letters
- Creative Build Up Fund investment options including CDs and security portfolios
- A separate recovery division ready to help bail agents who call needing to find a bounty hunter
- Person searches if bail agents need help with skip tracing
- Property detail reports - agents can call and request property reports to establish equities
- National support of the independent retail bond industry through legislative involvement and membership in state and national associations
In addition to the services and resources that Bankers provides to agents, Basta pointed to the company's easily accessible leadership as a hallmark of the company. According to Basta, even high-level people at Bankers such as herself, President Brian Kesneck and Vice President Michael Whalen give their cell phone numbers to agents and are readily available.
Basta emphasized that Kesneck has been president of Bankers Surety Services for 20 years, Whalen has been with the company for 15 years, and she has been there for nine years. According to her, this longevity throughout the company speaks volumes about the experience of the team that supports every Bankers bail agent.
"We're not one of those companies where you'll have to speak to someone new every few years. It speaks to the organization when you have leaders who have been part of the organization for such a long time," she said.
In the end, Basta said, Bankers Surety Services is a company that measures its overall success by the success of its agents.
"We look at it as a partnership between us and the agents. We work as hard as we can with our agents to make sure they're successful," she said.
To learn more about Bankers Surety Services, visit www.bankersbail.com. If you are interested in advertising your surety business to thousands of bail agents across the country on BailInsurance.com, contact us online or call (800) 454-0028.